Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Eggplant

This eggplant is the easiest one to find, but the kids have had about a half dozen different kinds of eggplant so far.

After washing and removing the skin, I slice them really thin. This breaks up the strands of fiber so I can just fork-mash them after cooking. They eat it with either a carb or a protein (lentils, garbanzo, bean mix etc.) and a little salt.

The twins flip-flop with eggplant - somedays they ask for more and somedays it's gag-inducing at the very first spoonful.

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to give eggplant a try. Our girls love squash and zucchini, so I would think that eggplant would fall in a similar category. I may dig out my eggplant Parmesan recipe to see if the girls might like it...I'll let you know how things turn out at our house.

    ReplyDelete