Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

Carbs are necessary


Everyday the kids get Bob's Red Mill 100% whole grain 10 grain hot cereal twice a day. I cook one cup of it in the morning and use it for lunch and dinner. It has wheat, rye, triticale (hybrid of wheat and rye,) oats &bran, corn, barley, soybeans, brown rice, millet and flaxseed. Why triticale when there is already wheat and rye in there I don't know.

The cereal has a very grainy texture and when my twins were under a year old I would run the cereal in a food processor before cooking it. This would create some powder and I had to stand there while it was cooking and stir constantly to prevent lumps. Now I just stir it once in a while. Adding a little bit more water than the instructions call for keeps it at a cereal consistency even at dinner time.I still cook for 15 to 20 minutes instead of the recommended 10 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment