Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

Yogurt

The twins don't like milk. They are not lactose intolerant or allergic to it - they just plain don't like it. At first I thought it was the sippy cup, so I changed different types of cups, gave up and gave it to them in bottles and they still wouldn't drink it. I tried different brands and fat % too. So now I just give them more yogurt and cheese to compensate.

As long as I can get away with it flavored yogurt will be my kids dessert. They get 'dessert' at lunch and dinner everyday and love it. I try to buy whole (vs. lowfat) yogurt with live cultures and real fruit and mix it with some plain lowfat yougurt made at home (fortified with non-fat dry milk powder) so they don't get used to 'dessert' that is too sweet.

I have so many little containers of flavored yogurt at any given time that I actually considered starting a blog on flavored yogurts! Before my whole kids-don't-like-milk problem I had no idea that there were that many flavored yogurts out there. Coming across flavors like 'pink grapefruit' or 'orange ginger' have made me an avid flavored yogurt taster.

No comments:

Post a Comment