Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cherry pomegranate toaster pastries


I have this thing for the not-so-regular fruits and vegetables. I figure the kids are not going to be eating much of them once they take over their own feeding. Hopefully when they are older and wiser they will be open minded about food and its infinite varieties. Also having a nutrition major around stressing the importance of micro-nutrients, I seek out the 'weird' and 'offbeat' to feed my kids.

I found toaster pastries by Nature's Path with cherry and pomegranate in the mom-and-pop store and decided to try them even though they were frosted. Surprisingly, they have only 17grams of sugar per serving and are not too sweet. My daughter ate everything but my son carefully picked out and ate the bits with frosting only.

No comments:

Post a Comment