Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 2, 2010

Frozen spinach from Cascadian Farm

It's frustrating with fresh spinach - no matter how much I wash it I always end up with some sand after cooking - that dreadful grating noise at the bottom of the dish. Of course, a few grains of sand didn't kill anyone (at least not that I know of) but we are talking about my kids here. Besides, frozen spinach is just so much easier to get on to a plate (the real reason I confess.)

I mix it with lentils or a carb and they eat it up.

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried making creamed spinach? It's been one of our girls' favorites for months, and Hubby loves it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No creamed spinach yet - thanks for the pointer. Will try it next. I get into tunnel vision sometimes…….

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY like how simple your blog is and am now following! I just gave you 2 awards (Yes...TWO!) You can pick them up at http://www.MommyLiteOnline.com (hope you enjoy my blog when you're there). Regards, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Sarah! Will be all over your blog right away…..I wish - well as soon as the twins let me.

    ReplyDelete