Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Peaches in white grape juice from Trader Joe's

Peaches are sometimes too much work so I give in to temptation and buy them processed. I liked that these peach halves from Trader Joe's were floating in grape juice (vs. sugar syrup) and that the container is glass (vs. metal.)

The twins accepted the halves rolled in graham cracker crumbs and I used the grape juice to food cube other fruits and thin out (and sweeten) greek yogurt for dessert.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mohini!

    Is there a concern with metal cans?

    I have been buying canned peaches, pears, pineapple, and mandarin oranges, all of which I can find in fruit juice / no sugar added. I usually serve one of these once a day, with fresh fruit at the other two meals.

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy,

    I buy canned stuff too but I think the jury is still out on it. Since 'they' advice try-not-to, I try not to buy (metal) canned if possible.

    ReplyDelete