Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sliced beets

I try not to use canned fruits and veggies for the twins. Sometimes though it just is so much easier, not to mention not available fresh. These sliced beets from whole foods are one of my guilty short-cuts. They are not soft enough to be fork mashed - so into the blender and the food cubes process.

I mix a cube into their lunch or dinner cereal along with a combination of other cubes. Two cubes and the flavor is too strong for the twins, even when mixed with other food cubes.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for some great ideas! I've been meaning to try beets and this reminded me to pick some up (I despise them so they aren't usually on the shopping list). I really want to help the kids branch out in their food choices and would never have thought to try some of these things!!!

    ReplyDelete