Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 9, 2010

Roasted broccoli

This really was the best broccoli of my life.

Don't wash the broccoli (I know, I know but the temperature will kill everything.) Cut into pieces, toss with olive oil and salt. Bake at 400F (the recipe says 425, but I used my toaster oven) till the edges brown. That is all I did since I was making it for the kids - I decided to spice it up later which I never did because it was incredibly good with just salt and olive oil.

My daughter could not have enough of it. She just kept going and going and asking for more. My son ate it all but wasn't as crazy about it as her.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to keep trying, but our girls have yet to like any roasted veggies. They love steamed squash, but won't touch it roasted. On a positive note, that means more roasted veggies for me...I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete