Sunday, August 1, 2010

Can we still eat that?

Before our move, in anticipation of it, we started to eat our way through the pantry and freezer. I came across a few items (OK, more than few) past their expiration dates. Some should have been eaten a couple of years ago and some a couple of weeks ago. Since I really don't like to waste food (always clean my plate, thank you) I went looking online to figure out if I can still eat some of the stuff.

There is an entire website devoted to just that. StillTasty, an 'ultimate shelf life guide.' They have a 'your questions answered' page (does vinegar ever go bad? what about pure honey? olive oil?) and even an iPhone app.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know...thanks! I hate when I find I've let somethinge expire, but I have such a small pantry that it's not terribly unusual for something to get stuck in the back, out of reach. I'll definitely check out this site.

    ReplyDelete