Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Can we still eat that?

Before our move, in anticipation of it, we started to eat our way through the pantry and freezer. I came across a few items (OK, more than few) past their expiration dates. Some should have been eaten a couple of years ago and some a couple of weeks ago. Since I really don't like to waste food (always clean my plate, thank you) I went looking online to figure out if I can still eat some of the stuff.

There is an entire website devoted to just that. StillTasty, an 'ultimate shelf life guide.' They have a 'your questions answered' page (does vinegar ever go bad? what about pure honey? olive oil?) and even an iPhone app.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know...thanks! I hate when I find I've let somethinge expire, but I have such a small pantry that it's not terribly unusual for something to get stuck in the back, out of reach. I'll definitely check out this site.

    ReplyDelete