Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nana's cookies and cookie bars

After my posts about the twins not doing well with Nana's products, I heard from their team. They pointed out that those were their gluten-free products that tend to be more smooth textured. They also offered to send some of their other products for the twins to try and so they did.

Nana's cookies are a meal in themselves. They are huge, thick (but not heavy/dense), moist, and chewy with just the right amount of sweetness. I have a rule about feeding cookies to the twins - no more than the size of their palm. So I had to break each cookie into four pieces - less than 100 calories and ~5 grams of all natural sugar per serving!

The peanut butter cookie they both loved. The coconut chocolate chip my son stuffed into his little mouth right away. My daughter examined the chocolate chips closely, took them out carefully and set them aside. First she ate half her cookie, then all the chips and then finished her cookie. A first-of-it's-kind behaviour - Iam still trying to figure out what it means.

The fudgy wudgy bars have actual chocolate chips in them and the twins declared they liked the 'chokalat cookie veyy much.'

I like the fact that Nana's only sweetens with fruit juice and have no hydrogenated oils or GMOs. Also they use non-aluminum baking powder (another new thing learned, and I will switch too for better taste especially since I tend to go a little overboard with it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment